ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move node data from DISK primary storage pool to FILE storage pool

2009-08-12 18:26:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move node data from DISK primary storage pool to FILE storage pool
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:24:17 +0200
On 11/08, Grigori Solonovitch wrote:
> 1) I have backups from many servers on primary DISK storage pool permanently;
> 2) I want to move approximately half of nodes to one FILE storage pool;
> 3) I want to move all remaining nodes to another FILE storage pool;
> 4) I want to remove empty DISK storage pool (both the FILE storage pools will
> be used permanently instead of DISK pool).
>

> Grigori G. Solonovitch

Create file stgpool
Move (or migrate) everything to file stgpool
Remove disk stgpool
Create second file stgpool
Move nodedata for selected nodes to second file stgpool

The only redundant storage needed is when moving from DISK stgpool to the
first FILE stgpool but could be mitigated by moving one volume at a time with
move data.

-km