ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Sharing 3494

2009-08-12 18:05:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] Sharing 3494
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:03:38 PDT
We are installing a new AIX server to replace an existing Solaris box
and need to share our 3494/TS1120 drives for some period of time. In
looking at various documentation on sharing the 3494 between two TSM
servers, it looks like I need to do the following:

1. Setup server-server communication (existing Solaris box will be the
   library manager).
2. Define the library on the AIX box with the primarylibmanager parm
   pointing to the Solaris.
3. Define AIX-type paths on the Solaris box to each drive with
   device=/dev/rmtx type operands as opposed to the /dev/xmt drives
   defined to Solaris.
4. Define DEVCLASS/STORAGE pools on AIX.

Two questions; do I have the correct definitions in number 3 above and
although the examples in the manuals don't show it, I assume the library
definition on the AIX box should also specify different category codes
from the ones currently in use on the Solaris server?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668