ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Another perspective on ridiculous retention

2009-08-04 13:48:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Another perspective on ridiculous retention
From: Troy Barnhart <TBarnhart AT RCRH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:45:08 -0600
Only 7 years?  We're in Healthcare.  Seven is usually the minimum.

If you're talking Minors, then it is 18+7= 25 years.  "Digital Mammography" &
"Research-related" electronic medical records are FOREVER.  There are lots of
numbers on time-retention floating around out there - it just depends on the
"governing authority".  We haven't completed our Retention Policy, so we have
tapes from various Operating Systems and Applications from the 1990's.

Regards,

Troy Barnhart, Sr. Systems Programmer
tbarnhart AT rcrh DOT org
Regional Health, Inc.