ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM server help needed

2009-08-03 09:18:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM server help needed
From: Lori Grimaldi <letersky AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:12:08 -0400
Hi folks,
  I have a tsm server running on Linux on System z that has 5 tape drives
allocated.  My backuppool migrates to tapepool and I have the backuppool
set to 5 migration processes.  Although 5 are running, only one tape drive
is being used (2 just went offline for some reason???), so backuppool keeps
filling up.

q dr
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: QUERY DRIVE

Library Name     Drive Name   Device Type     On-Line
------------                ------------           -----------
-------------------
L3584                    DRIVE0           LTO                       Yes
L3584                    DRIVE1           LTO                       Yes
L3584                    DRIVE2           LTO                       Yes
L3584                    DRIVE3           LTO                       Yes
L3584                    DRIVE4           LTO
Unavailable Since
08/01/2009 12:04:17
AM
L3584                    DRIVE5           LTO
Unavailable Since
08/02/2009 05:36:53
AM

ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: QUERY STGPOOL
backuppool
f=d

               Storage Pool Name: BACKUPPOOL
               Storage Pool Type: Primary
               Device Class Name: DISK
              Estimated Capacity: 1,127 G
              Space Trigger Util: 99.4
                        Pct Util: 99.4
                        Pct Migr: 99.2
                     Pct Logical: 100.0
                    High Mig Pct: 50
                     Low Mig Pct: 30
                 Migration Delay: 0
              Migration Continue: Yes
             Migration Processes: 5
           Reclamation Processes:
               Next Storage Pool: TAPEPOOL
            Reclaim Storage Pool:
          Maximum Size Threshold: No Limit
                          Access: Read/Write
               Overflow Location:
           Cache Migrated Files?: No
                      Collocate?:
           Reclamation Threshold:
       Offsite Reclamation Limit:
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed:
  Number of Scratch Volumes Used:
   Delay Period for Volume Reuse:
          Migration in Progress?: Yes
            Amount Migrated (MB): 262,678.07
Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 12,375
        Reclamation in Progress?:
  Last Update by (administrator): SERVER_CONSOLE
           Last Update Date/Time: 07/31/2009 07:56:58 PM
        Storage Pool Data Format: Native
            Copy Storage Pool(s):
             Active Data Pool(s):
         Continue Copy on Error?: Yes
                        CRC Data: No
                Reclamation Type:
     Overwrite Data when Deleted:

Anyone with tsm server experience that can help me out would be greatly
appreciatedl!!

Lori G.
Customer Liaison - Linux on System z Team
VM Services Delivery - Information Technology Services Americas, Global
Services
letersky AT us.ibm DOT com

Linux Information?  See http://w3vmlinux.pok.ibm.com
Linux Requests?  Visit our new workload management tool at:
http://linuxonz.pok.ibm.com/service/request

You only live once-but if you work it right, once is enough.