ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] node pwd in registry disappeared

2009-07-28 11:21:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] node pwd in registry disappeared
From: "Tchuise, Bertaut" <BTchuise AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:20:54 -0400
Steve,

The only times app registry keys get deleted are:
1* when the application is being uninstalled
2* when someone manually deletes the key or that someone writes a script
to delete the reg key or that same someone uses the reg delete "path to
the nodename/pwd key" in the command prompt.

The reg key for TDP won't just disappear overnight and the logs won't
tell you why this happened only that something happened. I would look
into the event viewer around the time the TDP backups stopped working
and see who last logged in and whether there were any particular script
that might have affected your reg key.

Have fun hunting Steve :-)

BERTAUT TCHUISE
Storage Support Administrator