ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to move data between 2 nodes (1 decomissioned/1new)

2009-07-16 02:57:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to move data between 2 nodes (1 decomissioned/1new)
From: Alexander Födisch <foedisch AT EVA.MPG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:57:22 +0200
Hi,

are there the same filespaces (mountpoints) on the new server? Then there are
two possibilities:
1. The new server get the same nodename in TSM. So for TSM  there is no new
server.
2. You export the data in TSM from the old one and reimport it to the new node.

Best

ricksea schrieb:
Hello folks,
I have one node on TSM that has been decomissioned. A new server is setup and I
want to move the data from the old node to the new one.

The reason for that is because I want to avoid the backup of TB of data again
since I have them already associate to the old node.

BTW, both nodes (old and new ones) are in the same TSM Server

Thanks

|This was sent by reinert AT live DOT ca via Backup Central.

Mit besten Grüßen / Best Regards

Alexander Födisch

-Central IT Department-
Deutscher Platz 6