ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 Backup from DS4700 (RDAC, multipath, LVM)

2009-07-14 15:19:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 Backup from DS4700 (RDAC, multipath, LVM)
From: Flavio Junior <billpp AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:18:14 -0300
Hi folks..

I'm a bit frustrated when finish installing TSM 5.5 and when going to backup
data, there is no DATA to backup, only local disks.

My scenarios is:

- 2 IBM DS4700 exporting devices (4 path per device)
- LSI RDAC Multipath I/O
- Linux DM-Multipath grouping devices replicated by Storage Remote Mirroring
 ( So, /dev/sda is on ds4700-1 with 4 paths, /dev/sdy is on ds4700-2 with 4
paths. dm-multipath creates a new device, i.e. /dev/mapper/samba grouping
sda+sdy)
- LVM (Linux Volume Manager) over dm-multipath formatted using GFS

OK, I found the problem is with GFS (whilst write this mail), because i've
formatted one of that partitions as ext3 and it shows up at TSM backup
client.

So, does anybody there using TSM with GFS and could help me ?

Thanks in advance.

--

Flávio do Carmo Júnior
Florianópolis/SC - Brazil