ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX question

2009-07-09 06:00:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX question
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:58:45 +0100
Sounds like AIX has lost the drive, so duff drive, zoning etc...

You could do a cfgmgr -vl (name of fcs port the tape is down) to do a
quicker cfgmgr.

errpt -a will give you more info.

Have we got multiple drives down the same HBA? i.e. is the hba & cable
good?

Steven

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
09/07/2009 09:04
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] AIX question

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 08/08/2009

Hi Everyone,
This is more a AIX question then a TSM question.
But I wonder if their is any command such
cat /proc/scsi/scsi in AIX
or cat /var/log/messages |grep -i LTO

The reason why I'm asking is beause one of my tape drives it totally gone
from the AIX environment.
I run cfgmgr -v to auto-detect it and then when I run lsdev -Cc tape I did
see all drives but one of the RMT was in Defind mode or something similar.
So I try to remove the RMTx Device node and run cfgmgr -v again but now
can't I find it anymore.

I have try to remove all my Device Nodes for Tape and Library and reintall
the drivers but still. I don't see my drive anymore.
If I run "q san" I don't see it in TSM either.

Any suggestions what's going on?
I'm going to see if I can get access to the SAN Switch and the library
(TS3500) via IP. But so far I don't have any access so everything that can
help me in AIX to be 100% sure it is a Switch or Library problem should
help.

I look in errpt also and I see a Adapter Problem but I can't see what it
is. Any good switches to get a better explanation of a error in errpt?

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson