ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up nodes in a different Network Domain

2009-07-01 09:38:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up nodes in a different Network Domain
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:35:48 -0400
Hello Bill,

As other have posted, TSM should handle the backups without problems related to
the use of different network domains.

But. You might want to look at why there are different domains. Might you
expect that in the future that one or more of the 3 sister companies might be
sold or split off totally.
If so you might want to set up your tsm domains, storage pools etc, so that the
sister companies do not share resources such as tapes.

len