ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Making sure clientactions start

2009-06-23 09:48:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Making sure clientactions start
From: Lindsay Morris <lindsay AT TSMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:19:02 -0400
Randomization doesn't apply when SCHEDMODE is PROMPTED.

You know, I've seen this a couple of times: whether it's with CLIENTACTION
or just a normal schedule, when you set the schedule's starttime to NOW, it
takes a long time for the client to start: 30 seconds, 5 minutes, even
longer.  Sometimes reproducible, sometimes not.

>From memory, the client software was running; had schedmode prompted set;
had been restarted after that; not firewalled away; up-to-date versions.

Is there a tracing flag on client or server that would show us what's
happening?

--
Lindsay Morris
Principal