ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Windows client 5.5.2.0 scheduling problem

2009-06-23 08:02:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Windows client 5.5.2.0 scheduling problem
From: "Tchuise, Bertaut" <BTchuise AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:59:52 -0400
Hello Rainer, what troubleshooting steps have you performed already? Did
you take a look at the dsmsched.log, dsmerror.log files? Are the backups
following the initial backups initiated? Do the backups run for more
than 24 hours or just hang during processing? Have you recently done
some patching on the Windows machines and now the backup hang? If so
refer to this link for resolution:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936594

The first step I would take is to take a look at the dsmsched.log and
see what happened after the initial backup. If the ensuing backups run
for more than 24 hours then you will have a miss when comes the next
backup period. The second thing I will do is to take a look at the
dsmerror.log to see if there is anything I might need to correct for the
future backups. I will also take a look at the Event Viewer.

If the steps above do not yield a satisfactory result, you may want to
try uninstalling then reinstalling the CAD and Central scheduler.

As a side note, once you identify what caused the misses and address the
issue in hand, you can create a test schedule to run within 15mn, define
a schedule association with the client, restart the CAD, open the
command prompt and cd to the baclient directory, issue the following
command "dsmc sched"; it will allow you to see the test schedule running
in the foreground. Make sure to disassociation the test schedule once
you are done with the troubleshooting steps.

Good luck.

BERTAUT TCHUISE
Storage Support Administrator
Legg Mason Technology Services