ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] removing Linux Tivoli client software

2009-06-22 15:35:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] removing Linux Tivoli client software
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:33:08 -0400
Remco

Server was rebooted , I am removing  them all manually since some of
them will have to be done that way in either case.

Tim

Remco Post wrote:

On 22 jun 2009, at 20:40, Timothy Hughes wrote:

Remco,

I tried those but it doesn't seem to be working that's why I asked.
and

now, in that case, you have some output of rpm?

others said to use some other commands such as

rm -rf /usr/adsm

wow, /usr/adsm... I might be wrong, but wasn't Linux client support
added after the product was renamed to TSM?

I know that TSM is like every other product in the world, it doesn't
remove the files you create manually outside the software
installation. That does in the case of TSM include the dsm.sys and
dsm.opt files, even when you put those in the client installation
directory. But then again, that is expected behavior.

tim

Remco Post wrote:

Hi Tim,

First, I'm surprised that you would even ask such a basic system
administration question. I'd think that the process of adding and
removing software to your system is such a basic skill that I'd only
expect this question to pop up if TSM was not installed using the OS
specific tools (client, pre 6.1 server) or it's own tool on all
platforms (6.1 server).