ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] A Challenge?

2009-06-20 04:36:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] A Challenge?
From: Guenther Bergmann <guenther_bergmann AT GBERGMANN DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:32:20 +0200
Hi *TSMlers,

given the following scenario:
- one TSM Server
- a lot of filesystem clients (mostly AIX/RH EL)
- daily backup goes to a disk pool (some kind of cache) then to sequential
access file volumes
- copy pool is on LTO2-tapes, residing in IBM 3583 libraries

This ist working pretty will till now.

Now the challenge:
One special customer requests us to provide detailed information (logfiles or
something similar) about shredding all his backup data. I thought of using
the shred-feature introduced with TSM 5.4.
But that does not work for sequential access volumes, nor does it for the
copy_pool.
And on the ramdom access disk pool it works only if i switch off the cache=yes
parameter.
So i am some kind of stuck .. am I missing something?
Any hints on this?

regards Guenther

--
Guenther Bergmann, Am Kreuzacker 10, 63150 Heusenstamm, Germany
Guenther_Bergmann at gbergmann dot de