ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] File Device class question

2009-06-19 04:31:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] File Device class question
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:28:48 +0200
On 19 jun 2009, at 06:50, Rodney Luk wrote:

Yes, I hope I can change the policy but that's the upper management
decision.

It's up to us to educate. Anything keept for over a few months is an
archive. There are quite a few nice tools to archive e-mail, even in
exchange environments. Get your management to phrase their desires in
functional terms like "to comply with the law we need to be able to
reproduce e-mail messagaes from up to 7 years ago" and "to be able to
restore our environment to a working situation after a disaster, we
need to be able to revert the e-mail environment to a situation up to
a month before the disaster happened".

In that way, the'll leve implementation up to people who understand
the technology to implement the policy in a way that does not involve
throwing money away ;-)

I will create a new copy tape pool for the new domain.

Thanks
--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post