ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Query volume and move data questions

2009-06-17 21:02:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Query volume and move data questions
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:01:27 +1000
I have a number of LTO3 tape volumes as follows:

812                   BKPLTO3POOL   LTO3CLASS    1,180,167     0.0
Full

823                   BKPLTO3POOL   LTO3CLASS    1,433,743     0.2
Full

801                   BKPLTO3POOL   LTO3CLASS    1,134,868    37.3
Full

827                   BKPLTO3POOL   LTO3CLASS    1,369,992    49.5
Filling

Unfortunately I have no LTO3 scratch volumes available at this time.
When I try a move data command on volumes 812, 823 or 801 it fails
because it is looking for a scratch tape.

If these tapes have a percentage utilized of 0.0%, 0.2%, 37.3% and 49.5%
respectively (and one of those tapes has a status of Filling) why is it
looking for a scratch tape?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email: pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

Web: http://www.anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.