ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Change library and server

2009-06-16 08:23:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Change library and server
From: madunix <madunix AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:48:04 +0200
from my understanding you can do the following:
Take a full TSM database backup from the main site on tape.
Take a backup to volhist.out
Take a backup to devconfig.out
Copy both volhist.out and devconfig.out to the same location in the TSM DR site.
issue the following command:
dsmserv restore db devclass=(device class name) vol=(DB tape name) commit=yes
All TSM configurations (Policies, Storage pools, nodes, management
classes, library definition,…etc.) on the main site will be restored
on the DR site including

In the next few days i will start with the above....

madunix