ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows Client DSM.opt file

2009-06-11 06:29:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows Client DSM.opt file
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:27:34 +0100
You need your exclude above the includes - though having said that, I
can't see why you are backing anything up at all.....

What does a "q inclexcl" in a client dsmc session look like?

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
11/06/2009 10:29
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Windows Client DSM.opt file

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 11/07/2009

Hi All

I am trying to create a dsm.opt file to only backup all Office files as
Tech Support are rolling out new desktops and I want to make sure they
dont miss any critical data.

I have the following so far but it backups the entire C:

INCLEXCL "RETRYPERIOD 0"
INCLEXCL "CHANGINGRETRIES 0"
INCLEXCL "INCLUDE 'NT' NT_TAPE_DAILY"
INCLEXCL "DIRMC NT_DIRECTORIES"
INCLEXCL "include '*:\...\*.xls'"
INCLEXCL "include '*:\...\*.doc'"
INCLEXCL "include '*:\...\*.ppt'"
INCLEXCL "include '*:\...\*.pst'"
INCLEXCL "exclude '*:\...\*.*'"

Is there not a simpler method of just stating all .xls, .doc, .ppt etc

Thanks

Adrian Compton