ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for Oracle

2009-06-04 12:32:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for Oracle
From: Jorge Amil <jorgeamil AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 18:29:41 +0200
Hi everybody.

Try this select

select NODE_NAME, DATE(BACKUP_DATE)as fecha, FILESPACE_NAME, HL_NAME, LL_NAME,
CLASS_NAME from backups where NODE_NAME='XXXXXXX' and FILESPACE_NAME='XXXX'
order by fecha asc

It will display the filespace backup date.

Kind Regards

JOrge

> Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:10:16 -0400
> From: deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for Oracle
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>
> I understand that rman CAN automatically delete old backups. As a TSM Admin,
> I am being asked to verify that rman IS deleting old backups. Is there any
> way to verify such from the TSM side?
>
> David

> I am using RMAN 9i/10g with TSM 5.5 successfully.
> RMAN manages data expiry for Oracle databases completely without any manual
> intervention, but some configuration efforts are required:
> 1) dedicated TSM node for Oracle data with management class and copy group;
> 2) set vere=no limit, verd=0 rete=<N> ret=0 in copy group, where <N> is a
> period of time in days to be able to recover database (I am using 31 day);
> 3) for each database set retention period in RMAN by
> CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF <N> DAYS, where <N> equal to
> <N> in copy group;
> 4) run full database backup periodically. I am running full database backup
> twice per month with retention period 31 days. All other days run incremental
> backup for database;
> 5) perform " delete noprompt obsolete" from RMAN backup script;
> 6) schedule at proper time "crosscheck backup" + "delete noprompt expired
> backup" + "delete noprompt obsolete" daily for each database (just not to
> delay backups);
> 7) schedule "crosscheck archivelog all" + "delete noprompt expired archivelog
> all" daily for each database (just not to delay backups)
>
> Grigori G. Solonovitch
>
> Senior Technical Architect
>
> Information Technology Bank of Kuwait and Middle East http://www.bkme.com
>
> Phone: (+965) 2231-2274 Mobile: (+965) 99798073 E-Mail: G.Solonovitch AT bkme
> DOT com
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this Email

Chatea sin límites en Messenger con la tarifa plana de Orange
http://serviciosmoviles.es.msn.com/messenger/orange.aspx