ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Anyway to prevent an unwanted large backup???

2009-06-01 06:57:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Anyway to prevent an unwanted large backup???
From: "Minns, Farren - Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:57:20 +0100
Hi all

I have been informed that 2Tb of external storage that is attached to one of
our Mac clients is having to be un-mounted, and mounted to a new Mac server
requiring that I back up the whole lot again (and this isn't the first time!!).

So, is there anything I can do to prevent this or is a full new backup the only
way to go?

Many thanks in advance

Farren Minns
John Wiley & Sons Ltd

This email (and any attachment) is confidential, may be legally privileged and
is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient please do
not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received
this message in error please
tell us by reply and delete all copies on your system.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own
virus check as the sender
accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug or virus infection.
Please note that email
traffic data may be monitored and that emails may be viewed for security
reasons.

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in England
with registered number 641132.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex,
PO19 8SQ.