ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] deleted tapes with discard data

2009-05-27 16:55:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] deleted tapes with discard data
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 22:55:02 +0200
On 27 mei 2009, at 22:14, Rodney Luk wrote:

Hi Forum,

I am new to TSM. I had inherited TSM and the TSM admin had left the
company. My co-worker accidentally deleted several tapes with
discard the data. I knew I can issue the backup command to backup
the data from the primary tape pool back to the copy tape pool.
However, how do I recover the data on the primary tapes since I
don't know which copy pool tapes need to recall from offsite.

use restore vol ..... w=y preview=y to find the list of required
volumes... if possible, or use restore stg....

Thanks
Rodney

 ________________________________
attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original
message.