ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with TDP SQL and inactive obejects

2009-05-27 09:14:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with TDP SQL and inactive obejects
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:14:02 -0400
I am guessing the "HAP" database is a large one and the TSM Server decided
that
due to its size, it needs to be sent directly to tape.

As Richard indicated, I am also guessing that at the time of backup, the
TSM Server
was asked to mount a tape so that the data could be sent there, but the
TSM Server
was not able to honor the request, and thus the message. I suggest
examining the
TSM Server console log closely to find out.

As far are your statement:
   > Another weird thing is that when I backed up manually using the TDP
   > GUI interface, the backup finishes successfully but with some
inactive objects
I think what you are seeing is that the backup completed successfully and
as a result, any previous incremental or differential backups will be
inactivated.
This is normal and expected procedure.

If you are still having problems or questions, I recommend opening a
problem
with IBM service.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/27/2009
01:45:51 AM: