ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Win32 6.1 GUI opens blank window

2009-05-20 13:14:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Win32 6.1 GUI opens blank window
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:14:05 -0400
Hi Wanda,

I do not know exactly what the trouble is that you are having, but it runs
fine on my Windows XP SP3 system.

Are there any messages in client log files that might indicate a sign of
trouble?

My first suspects (could be wrong) would be antivirus or firewall running
interference.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/19/2009
08:57:50 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> TSM Win32 6.1 GUI opens blank window
>
> Wanda Prather
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 05/19/2009 09:05 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>
> Well -
> I installed the TSM 6.1 client for Windows32  on my test machine, which
is
> WinXP SP3 with a test TSM 5.5 server on it.
> Uninstalled the 5.5.2 client, ran setup.exe for TSM 6.1.
>
> dsmc.exe works as expected
> dsmmfc.exe works as expected
> web client works, from a browser started on the same machine
> But the Java GUI dsm.exe opens an empty window with the title IBM Tivoli
> Storage Manager, and nothing else.
>
> So I assume it's a Java issue - but I can run the web client, from a
browser
> started on the same machine, and get the java icon in the system tray, so
> some Java is working on this machine.
>
> No error messages.  No messages of any kind.
>
> The TSM support page doesn't list the java requirements for the client,
nor
> is there any info in the WIndows client manual for 6.1 or the client
README