ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Can you export a nodes data out of TSM completely?

2009-05-19 15:24:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Can you export a nodes data out of TSM completely?
From: David McClelland <david.mcclelland AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:24:30 +0100
But, as Wander points out, with any EXPORT NODE operation you'll need as a
minimum a TSM Server, a TSM Client and an IMPORT NODE operation to read any
of that node's data back again. For me, that doesn't qualify as 'have it be
readable outside of TSM' as stated in Eric's original requirement.

However, I can't think of another mechanism that meets the active plus
inactive out of TSM requirement here. Looks like there might have to be a
compromise somewhere: either active only with a backupset, or all versions
but with some preparation/TSM software in the event of a recovery being
required.

Any other ideas anyone?

/David Mc
London