ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] big striped TSM volume performance

2009-05-19 11:13:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] big striped TSM volume performance
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:10:28 -0500
We use 3 RAID-5 groups with 24 random disk volumes each and they are faster
than the Ethernet (2x1gb) during the backups and are fast enough during
migration to meet our needs.  Since we are not migrating to physical tape I
have not tracked the performance, only if it was done in time.
You can have multiple clients backup to a random disk volume.  At our peak
backup time we have over 100 clients running.

Andy Huebner