ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows VS Linux TSM Server

2009-05-12 00:04:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows VS Linux TSM Server
From: Sabar Martin Hasiholan Panggabean <Sabar.Hasiholan AT METRODATA.CO DOT ID>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:02:26 +0700
Hi Swan,

I've once implementing TSM Server in RHEL 4. As long as the Tape Library can
run well on Linux, i think it would be just fine runing it on Linux. Based on
my experience compared to TSM Server implemented in pSeries machines, using
Linux platform I don't have much complain about it.

Other consideration, is about Operational Reporting for version 5.5 below. I
don't think unix-like don't have the installation source. Anyway, using TSM V61
you have advance reporting tool using IBM Tivoli Monitoring which already in
one package in TSM Server installation.

BR,

Martin