ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What ever happen to the doc CD (DVD)?

2009-05-11 21:25:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What ever happen to the doc CD (DVD)?
From: Clare Byrne <byrnec AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:23:31 -0700
To answer the question:
> Its been a while since TSM provided the customers with a document CD and
> now with 6.1, there is still no document CD.  Actually all of the TSM
> 6.1 media came on DVD instead, but I like to have a complete copy of all
> of the documents locally.
>Any chance of IBM bringing the document CD back?

We have been receiving requests, like yours, for a "doc CD".  We received
several comments about it during the recent 6.1 beta, but it was not
possible to deliver it with 6.1.

As a trial, we will soon be making available an informally supported,
downloadable information center that will include the Eclipse help system,
and all the official 6.1 documentation (PDF and HTML), in English only.
We'll look at response to this trial to determine what the future plans
will be: whether we publish a DVD, make the documentation available for
download into an existing Eclipse information center, or do something
else.

Watch the TSM wiki for the announcement of availability:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivolistoragemanager

By the way, the "doc" DVDs (Quick Start DVDs) that are now being shipped
with TSM components contain only a few of the books that we create, and do
not contain the full library.

Clare Byrne
Tivoli Storage Information Development
Tucson, AZ   USA