ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP and TSM 6.1 TOC support

2009-05-06 15:09:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP and TSM 6.1 TOC support
From: john bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:07:58 -0600
Colin and Remco,

Thank you for your responses.

Were the "issues that were identified with performance" the excruciating
length of time to load a TOC (even from disk) to the TSM database?

I hope we will be given a mechanism to retain a TOC in DB2 when it is
created for as long as we need it.

Thanks again.

John Bremer

Howdy,

    The TSM support for NDMP backups using TOC's was disabled at the GA for
6.1.0.0 due issues that were identified with performance.  Those issues are
being worked on and are expected to be resolved in a fix-pack for TSM V6.
At the current time, this fix is expected in the 6.1.2.0 fix-pack which is
tenatively scheduled for delivery the end of June.  Please note that the
schedule and target fix-pack are our current projections and may be subject
to change at IBM's discretion.

    The other server function that utilized TOC's is BACKUPSETS.  The
support for BACKUPSETS was also disabled at TSM 6.1.0.0 GA and is also
being worked on.  This is also expected to be fixed in the same fix-pack as
mentioned above.

Thanks,
Colin

Colin Dawson