ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving a dbsnapshot from one volume to another

2009-05-04 11:07:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving a dbsnapshot from one volume to another
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 11:05:41 -0400
You can't move it.
You have to either
- delete it from the volhistory and discard the tape.  (losing the data on
there)
- Wait for it to expire.

I would just put it in your desk, label it as "destroy when expired".  It
won't mix in with the rest of the tapes, you have it just-in-case, and
you'll find it eventually when you clean your desk.    (Or take it home if
you have an "offsite" requirement.)

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
stephan.boldt+adsm-l AT GMAIL DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
05/04/2009 10:21 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Moving a dbsnapshot from one volume to another

Hello,

is there a way to do move a dbsnapshot from one volume to another? I want
get rid of a tape which we identified as the cause of library problems
(barcode sometimes unreadable, slot mistakenly assumed as empty, library
tried to put other tapes into the tape's slot). Unfortunately it is
currently in the vault with a dbsnapshot still on it. Is there a way to
put
to move the dbsnapshot  to another tape, so I can get rid of the error
prone
tape right now and not having to wait for its snapshot to expire? (And
probably missing the day it gets back into the lib and is being reused for
eventually a dbsnapshot again)

kind regards,
Stephan

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.