ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Deployment Engine woes

2009-04-29 04:50:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] Deployment Engine woes
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:50:54 +0200
Hi all,

I'm trying to install TSM 6.1.0.0 on a test system. This is a
minimally installed OpenSUSE 10.3 in a virtual machine. During
installation of the DE, the installer fails. As usual with Java based
software, there is no usefull human readable clue as to what I should
change to get things working.

Running with LAX_DEBUG=1 set, the last lines are:

STDOUT: SIException error:
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR: com.ibm.ac.si.install.InstallException:
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com.ibm.ac.si.install.SIInstaller.installCIT(SIInstaller.java:7167)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com.ibm.ac.si.install.SIInstaller.fullInstall(SIInstaller.java:3861)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com.ibm.ac.si.install.SIInstaller.installInternal(SIInstaller.java:3370)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at com.ibm.ac.si.install.SIInstaller.install(SIInstaller.java:
732)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com
.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.DEBootstrapInstall.install(DEBootstrapInstall.java:
179)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com
.ibm
.ac
.coi.ext.ia.DEBootstrapWorkerThread.run(DEBootstrapWorkerThread.java:
190)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR: Caused by:
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR: com.ibm.ac.si.install.InstallException:
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com
.ibm
.ac
.si
.install
.SIInstaller.substituteCITInstallPathIntoScripts(SIInstaller.java:7345)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com.ibm.ac.si.install.SIInstaller.installCIT(SIInstaller.java:7163)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         ... 5 more
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR: Caused by:
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR: com.ibm.ac.si.install.InstallException: ACUINI0083E The
Deployment Engine install failed because Deployment Engine was unable
to successfully install CIT.
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         at
com
.ibm
.ac
.si
.install
.SIInstaller.substituteCITInstallPathIntoScripts(SIInstaller.java:7285)
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDERR:         ... 6 more
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
STDOUT: SI Install Result code is null!
Completed.
Apr 29, 2009 10:38:05 AM
com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.plugin.DEBootstrapPanelConsole Result
SEVERE: DE Failed...
Tivoli Storage Manager
Deployment Engine failed to initialize.
The installer will now shutdown. Please check with the log files for a
more
complete description of the failure.

The log.txt is not much more useful (to put it mildly).

Anyone got a hint as to what is wrong. Based on the published
instalaltion documents, my system is fully compiant with all
requirements.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post