ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX 5.5.2 client install

2009-04-17 12:54:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX 5.5.2 client install
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:52:11 -0700
This makes no sense as it relates to a license. This is a client not a
server so unless UNIX is different from Windows with respect to
maintenance and patches you can install either maintenance "OR" patches
on a clean system and there is nothing you need worry about. Granted I
don't do a lot of UNIX builds so I could be wrong but I can tell you for
Windows systems you can install a 5.5.2.0 maintenance build on a clean
system or you could install a 5.5.1.2 patch build on a clean system and
both will work perfectly.

For AIX I have never seen this either so maybe things have changed and I
just need to find the right document and start from there.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-B1P