ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Slow System State backups

2009-04-09 14:21:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Slow System State backups
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT COX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:20:09 -0500
Look at your other processes...
McAfee has an ~on access scan~ and I've seen windows servers have their
backup times more than double because the anti-virus software is scanning
every file being backed up when it is opened by TSM.
Also ck what is running on your TSM server... expiration can put locks on
the data base that will impact the backup.
Then follow up with all the standard... what is your resource utilization,
how many other drives need to be backed up... how many files are stored in
tsm, etc...

I take it you have tested by running only a "backup systemstate"