ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database information

2009-04-07 14:39:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database information
From: "Clark, Robert A" <Robert.Clark AT PROVIDENCE DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:36:30 -0700
You may be able to prove in the negative:

If you know which storage pool the node's data would be in, you can get
a list of the tapes in that pool now.

If you loop through all the tapes in that pool, and check volhist, and
they've all been newly added (via reclaim) since the date of the
filespace deletes, then no data should be retrievable without a time
machine.

Whether there is any data to go back for depends on things like reuse
delay, and how much reclaim you do.

[RC]