ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L]

2009-04-07 10:47:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L]
From: Colin Dawson <colind AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 07:46:41 -0700
Howdy,

     The MAXNUMMP is an attribute of the NODE definition on the server.
This is independent of the type of client (B/A GUI vs B/A Command Line)
that is used.

     The RESOURCEUTIL is a client setting.  This setting applies to the
command line client as well.

     The use of MAXNUMMP and RESOURCEUTIL can be used to improve restore
times by allowing more tape drives and client/server connections to be
used.  The changes you specify will work for the command line client as
well.  The documentation for RESOURCEUTILIZATION in the TSM information
center has a discussion on the use of this client option in conjunction
with MAXNUMMP and restore operations as one of the examples it discusses.

Thanks,
Colin

Colin Dawson
TSM Server Development
colind AT us.ibm DOT com

  From:       william dourado <bdourado AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>

  To:         ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  Date:       04/07/2009 02:08 AM

  Subject:    [ADSM-L]

Hello All,

I recently started using "resourceutil 7" in opt file and
"maxnummp=3" for doing very large restores using the GUI
and I would see the advantage where I had 3 or more restore
sessions with up to 3 tapes being used.

If I were to use the cmd line would I see the same ?

TSM Server 5.4.2.0 Windows Environment.

Thanks

Bill
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/