ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.x and RedHat Linux GFS 2

2009-03-27 15:39:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.x and RedHat Linux GFS 2
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:38:15 +0100
On Mar 27, 2009, at 20:29 , Dennis, Melburn (IT Solutions US) wrote:

I need to install a TSM client to backup a redhat clustered file
system
(specifically GFS 2).  I don't see it listed as a supported
filesystem,
but was wanting to know if anyone has done this successfully, and if
so,
what version of TSM are you using, any special settings required, etc.

IIRC there are no special settings needed any more. You won't be a
able to backup extended ACL's though. In the past we used
virtualmountpoint settings to make the TSM client backup GFS, but I
now use the 5.5 client op OCFS2 without any special settings (and
OCFS2 is just as supported as GFS).

Thanks.

Mel Dennis
Systems Engineer II

Siemens IT Solutions and Services, Inc.
Energy Data Center Operations
4400 Alafaya Trail
MC Q1-108
Orlando, FL 32826
Tel.: 407-736-2360
Mob: 321-356-9366
Fax: 407-243-0260
mailto:melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com
www.usa.siemens.com/it-solutions

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post