ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: VTL and Dedup ( TS7569G)

2009-03-19 08:42:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: VTL and Dedup ( TS7569G)
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:42:27 +0100
Hi Martin,
The 1st Backup will probably don't do any major save for you. It always depend
on what kind of data you backup.
What we normally see is saving on Archive Data and TDP Data. Everything else is
most of the time unique data and you will not see any saving.

Dedup is a major saving for other backup software such Legato and NBU not for
TSM because you are using Incremental forever.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson