ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Two different retention policies for the same node

2009-03-17 16:49:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Two different retention policies for the same node
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:46:50 -0500
There could be some serious issues with this.  If you have an onsite
volume that has 170 day old data, with 5 day old data and 80 day old
data (due to reclamation), and the volume goes bad, all you'll be able
to restore is the 5 day old data.

However, this is a real challenge.  I'd like to see the solution.

It appears on the surface that this is a result of is the "we want to
keep it forever but can't afford the cost" mentality.  Champagne taste
on Beer budget.

See Ya'
Howard