ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?

2009-03-11 18:09:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 - can I do a X server platform database restore?
From: "Todd D. Taft" <todd_taft AT UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:09:25 -0400
Joerg Pohlmann wrote:
Could someone from development please comment - since the database for TSM
6.1 is DB2, can I move from a TSM server on for example, Windows to a TSM
server on for example, AIX by restoring the database and then updating any
tape device names in the path definitions?

Joerg Pohlmann
250-245-9863

This question was asked at one of the web conferences IBM did regarding
TSM 6.1 and the official answer was that this was not supported.  The
supported method to change TSM server platforms is export/import.
Whether or not you can actually get it to work is, of course, a
different issue...

--
Todd D. Taft
todd_taft AT unc DOT edu