ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exc Backup full to empty tape

2009-03-11 09:53:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exc Backup full to empty tape
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:51:01 -0400
If there's a disk pool in the chain, migrate it to tape.

Update all tapes in the storage pool with a "filling" status to an access of
readonly.

Run the exchange backup.

Check the resulting tape out of the library.

You now have a tape with nothing on it but the Exchnage backup; it may be used
as a paperweight, a hockey puck, or a clay pigeon. It won't be of any use as a
backup tape without the matching TSM database, a TSM server on the same
platform as your existing TSM server, and the TSM client software.

(Don't forget to go reset the other tapes to "readwrite").

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc