ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MIGRATE NODE oddities

2009-03-06 13:05:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MIGRATE NODE oddities
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:23:48 -0600
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Strand, Neil B. <NBStrand AT lmus.leggmason DOT
com
> wrote:

> Nick,
>   If you just want to preview - don't use the "TOS=" parameter and no
> tape mounts will be done.

Sadly, no:

ANR0554E EXPORT NODE: The PREVIEWIMPORT parameter is only valid if the
TOSERVER parameter is specified.

That's contrary to the documentation I have, so maybe it's a bug (reminder:
z/OS platform, TSM 5.4.3.0 server). I really don't see why the preview would
depend on the destination of the export, but then again, I also don't see
why it would mount tapes for a preview. Clearly I'm using the logic paradigm
here.