ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MIGRATE NODE oddities

2009-03-06 11:39:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MIGRATE NODE oddities
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:32:00 -0600
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Strand, Neil B. <NBStrand AT lmus.leggmason DOT
com
> wrote:

> Nick,
>   If you just want to preview - don't use the "TOS=" parameter and no
> tape mounts will be done.

OK, I'm making progress.

There are two similarly named options on EXPORT NODE. 'PREVIEWI,' "Preview
Import", reads tapes. My guess is, someone borrowed code from an IMPORT NODE
option. The Preview option on IMPORT NODE warns that it mounts tapes, just
like what happens with PREVIEWI.

The PREVIEW (no "I" suffix!) option on EXPORT NODE doesn't read tapes, nor
does it tolerate a TOS= option. Never mind if I'm going to eventually use a
TOS option; it still does what I expected.

I'd hate to have been in the design meetings when the 'PREVIEWI' option was
discussed. I can't imagine what they were thinking!