ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] JR- backup CIFS share on NAS box using TSM Client

2009-03-02 18:29:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] JR- backup CIFS share on NAS box using TSM Client
From: JR Trimark <j.r.trimark AT AURORA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:25:51 -0600
Here is how I did it for Windows.

register node in TSM, verify dsmc works correctly before proceeding.
Create userid and assign it to the local admin group, disable local login
Change the logon tab for TSM Client Acceptor, Remote Client and Scheduler
to use the userid you created
Create 2 scripts called nasmt.cmd and nasdismt.cmd
nasmt.cmd                                       nasdismt.cmd
net use q: \\server\share /persistent:no                net use q: /delete
exit 0                                          exit 0
Edit the dsm.opt
:
managedservices webclient schedule
passwordaccess generate
preschedulecmd '"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\nasmt.cmd"'
postschedulecmd '"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\nasdismt.cmd"'
:
domain c: \\server\share -systemstate
exclude c:\...\*
include "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt"
include "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\nas*.cmd"
include \\server\share\...\* forever
:
Try your backup.

Note:
You must exit the nasmt.cmd and nasdismt.cmd files with a 0 otherwise TSM
will think the command failed even when it didn?t.  If the command fails
TSM will not be able to backup this share.
If the pre and post TSM commands have a space in the path surround the
command with double quotes (?) then surround it by single quotes (?).
If the pre and post TSM commands do not have a space in the path surround
the command with single quotes (?).  You can treat this command as if it
does have spaces in the path and it will work as well.
Even though you are mapping a drive letter and you can use this drive
letter in the domain line, the include statement requires the unc path.
This appears to only be the case if you are using a mgmt class other than
default.
When restoring files you will need to use the domain id that was created
or another id that is a security equivalent.

hope this helps

Vitale <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
02/28/2009 03:42 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] JR- backup CIFS share on NAS box using TSM Client

Hi, have you found a solution? I have a similar problem. Thanks.