ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NTUTIL Erase Tape causes an error after checkin and labeling the tape.

2009-03-02 11:40:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] NTUTIL Erase Tape causes an error after checkin and labeling the tape.
From: Daniel Lane <dlane AT THEABFM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:38:25 -0500
Hello everyone,

We are using TSM version 5.5.2

We have used the ntutil.exe for long erase to erase some of our tapes which was
successful.  The issue though is that when the tapes are checked back into the
library TSM goes to use the tapes and cannot read the label.

ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive MT0.0.0.3 (\\.\Tape1) for
READ operation, errno = 1104. (PROCESS: 28)
ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume A00017L3 in drive MT0.0.0.3
(\\.\Tape1). (PROCESS: 28)
ANR8778W Scratch volume A00017L3 changed to Private Status to prevent
re-access. (PROCESS: 28)
ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive MT0.0.0.3 (\\.\Tape1) for
READ operation, errno = 1104. (PROCESS: 28)

So I have performed "checkout libv LB0.1.0.4 remove=no checklabel=no
vollist=A00017L3" then "label libv LB0.1.0.4 search=yes overwrite=yes
labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch waitt=0 vollist=A00017L3" to each of the
tapes.
TSM then lists the tapes as scratch volumes.  I then see TSM error with where
the same tape it labeled which is in the library and marked as scratch when TSM
tries to use it.

ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume A00017L3 in drive MT0.0.0.3
(\\.\Tape1).
ANR8778W Scratch volume A00017L3 changed to Private Status to prevent re-access.

Why are the tapes not being labeled did I do something incorrectly?

Thank You,
Dan Lane
Systems Administrator
The American Board of Family Medicine, Inc.
dlane AT theabfm DOT org<mailto:dlane AT theabfm DOT org> - Email
"This email message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the American Board of
Family Medicine immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an
email to dlane AT theabfm DOT org<mailto:dlane AT theabfm DOT org>. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must immediately destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments without reading or disclosing their contents. Thank
you.
For more information regarding the American Board of Family Medicine, please
visit us at https://www.theabfm.org/.";