ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM and FileNet P8 integration

2009-02-27 03:43:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM and FileNet P8 integration
From: Gennadiy Khramov <GKhramov AT COMPUTEL DOT RU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:41:39 +0300
How may affect HSM using on FileNet?
Will FileNet work correctly with 'stubs', i.e. wouldn't problems if
FileNet acquire file which was migrated?

And other question is CM8 may work with tape library?
____________________________
Best Regards,
Khramov Gennadiy
gkhramov AT computel DOT ru

Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
24.02.2009 20:23
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] SV: TSM and FileNet P8 integration

Hi

What you are trying to accomplish is indeed complex.

First of all, filenet doesnt use blobs, so you wont be gaining any
performance since you will be transporting alot of files over the san. If
you still want to perform san transfers, id suggest using the hsm client
in conjunction with the storage agent.

Not really sure how filenet will react to hsm managed files since i never
saw a P8 solution like this. Another solution would be to move your
repository to CM8 in conjunction with IICE.

Regards

Daniel

Sent from my Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X1.