ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Preferred TSM Platform

2009-02-26 14:51:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Preferred TSM Platform
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:49:26 -0500
One of these days, I'll be bored enough to try backing up /dev/zero and see how
many petabytes I can get on the tape - and if I can get the throughput up to
the 370 MB/sec that the LTO-4 claims to support (going from memory here - I
know it's well over 300 MB/sec).

I see about the same as you on the MS stuff, with the exception of TDP for Mail
and Exchange - that seems to be around 1.5 to 1, with most tapes going 'full'
around 1.2 TB.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc