ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Preferred TSM Platform

2009-02-25 16:32:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Preferred TSM Platform
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:14:11 -0700
I love it when somebody quotes me!  Somebody is listening.

I had this discussion with one of our customers yesterday.  It really
does/should boil down to the OS experience you have on hand.  Does the AIX
platform have more capacity/performance than the best Windows platform?  I'm
guessing it probably does.  But at what cost? And then more importantly: do
either of the platforms have enough for you?  If both do, then pick the one
that makes more sense based on your OS experience.  And remember: one can
always divide and conquer.

Kelly Lipp
CTO
STORServer, Inc.