ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] numbering of Admin schedules

2009-02-23 09:22:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] numbering of Admin schedules
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:19:37 -0600
2:BACKUP_STGPOOL_TP01
3:BACKUP_TP01_ARCH
5:DBBACKUP_FULL
1:BACKUP_DEVCONFIG
4:BACKUP_VOLHISTORY
6:EXPIRE_INVENTORY
11:START_STG_DP01_MIGRATION
9:START_COTP01_RECLAIM
12:STOP_COTP01_RECLAIM
10:START_LTO3_RECLAIM
13:STOP_LTO3_RECLAIM

With only 10 drives you may need to cut down the number of instances,
and thereby increase the number of available drives per instance.  The
real question is, how big is your DB per instance, and how large are
your disk/tape pools.  Those will determine which instances will need to
be trusted with more drives.

I like to setup dynamic scheduling by using if statements after looking
for remnants of previous processes.  This allows the next step to start
as soon as possible after the previous step.  However, with 6 instances
sharing 10 drives you may need to do static schedules.

See Ya'
Howard

and have enough drives / time to do this.