ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Help needed configuring TDP for Exchange2007 with VSS.

2009-02-18 17:33:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Help needed configuring TDP for Exchange2007 with VSS.
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:28:23 +1100
Larry

This is a known problem.  See the fix list for TSM Client 5.5.1.10

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin, Sydney Australia

             "Mcnutt, Larry
             E."
             <larry.mcnutt@TIM                                          To
             KEN.COM>                  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         [ADSM-L] Help needed configuring
             .EDU>                     TDP for Exchange2007 with VSS.

             19/02/2009 06:39
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

TSM 5.5.2.0
AIX 5.3
BA client 5.5.1
TDP for Mail 5.5.1
Cluster nodes CTNHEXMB01A and CTNHEXMB02A
Exchange client node EXMB01E
tsm: FSPHTSM1>q proxy target=EXMB01E

Target Node         Agent Node
---------------     -------------------
EXMB01E             CTNHEXMB01A

We apparently have some configuration problem.  When we try to run a
local VSS backup from the agent node(CTNHEXMB01A), it always fails with
"ANS1033E (RC-53)  An invalid TCP/IP address was specified."  We have
tried looking at all the documentation, with no resolution.  I know this
is not much information to go on, but I thought maybe this failure
points to a specific problem.  There is so much configuration
information involved, I preferred not to try to show it all, but will
provide whatever is needed.  I also have a trace if that will help.

Thanks,
Larry McNutt
The Timken Company

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to
others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message,
and then delete it from your system. The Timken Company / The
Timken Corporation