ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange behavior on DB(?) or Log(?)

2009-02-12 14:37:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange behavior on DB(?) or Log(?)
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:35:26 -0600
Steve,

Thanks to you and the others who took a crack at our problem.  After remounting
the LOG with the dio flag, EXPIRATION has dropped from 6-8 days to 15 hours.
But nothing we've tried has had any effect on the lag on DB backups.  Whether
FULL or INCR there is still a lengthy delay between tape mount and first write.

Fred Johanson
TSM Administrator
University of Chicago

773-702-8464