ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Generating a clientaction to send an email in Windows.

2009-02-09 18:14:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Generating a clientaction to send an email in Windows.
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:13:07 +1100
Nicholas

Sendemail is another command line tool for windows that also works on other
platforms  http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/.  To kick it
off from TSM, you can use a clientaction schedule to run a command on the
TSM Server.... the command being a script to send your email.  I have
emailed plan files off-site like this with success.

Convoluted, but it works.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin,
Sydney Australia

             Nicholas
             Rodolfich
             <NRodolfich@CMAON                                          To
             THEWEB.COM>               ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         [ADSM-L] Generating a clientaction
             .EDU>                     to send an email in Windows.

             10/02/2009 04:55
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hello All!

Thanks for your help!

I am an old UNIX guy currently working with TSM on WIndows. I am trying to
generate a client action to email an operator at a certain point in my
server maintenance script which I have done for years on UNIX with no
problem. I am not finidng it so easy to do this from Windows though. WHat
is the best way to do this in Windows?

ThankYou! ThankYou!

Regards,

Nicholas