ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] OS/390 or z/OS as Tivoli Clients

2009-02-05 03:12:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] OS/390 or z/OS as Tivoli Clients
From: Mehdi Salehi <iranian.aix.support AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:41:55 +0330
Hi,
Is it possible to setup z/OS as a client of TSM server for AIX? The goal is
backing up files as well as DB2 backups from mainframe while TSM server is
installed on AIX. My doubt comes from the different storage standards of
mainframe and open systems such as FICON and Fibre Channel. If yes, is it
free to add mainframe to an existing TSM solution? (I'v read somewhere that
Tivoli Data Protection for DB2 is included in DB2)

Regards,
Mehdi Salehi